Wednesday, October 31, 2007

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Time for some tricks and treats, what shall it be? Personally I like tricks over treats, candy rots your teeth, but then tricks can be expensive too... Just Kidding. I don't have to pay for it.

I saw a neat post over at Lust Bites the other day about Vamps ect... Was a great post. I had written a comment but it was lost in cyberspace when I lost my Internet connection, so out of frustration I didn't go back, but decided to post a few pix on Halloween from my Vampy, Goth, Emo years (my kids still call me an Emo). I actually went through several years with that look, from 18 to 21, that's pretty long. Now I am a redhead and have been for ages. But the Vampy look was all about speaking out for me. I came from a family which always frowned at my outspoken appearance, I grew up with peers that disdained anyone not in the norm. Since I felt oppressed mostly by all of those people all of my life, when I hit 18 I no longer cared what anyone thought. I had been on my own for several years, I worked full time in a strip bar as a cocktail server, was my own woman and said fuck it. I liked the look, it suited me, it spoke out to those who wanted to contain me and restrain me. It basically said FUCK YOU and I looked hot in it. I admit I am a much better red head now that I look back, but it sure was fun. I had always been a rocker and I loved Joan Jet. She was an icon then and to me she was everything I wanted to be. She was hot, she was outspoken, she dressed what ever way she wanted, she began some fads even. I also admired Kate Bush, she was another Vampy freak who I thought was another outspoken woman. Being an undiagnosed bipolar youth I never understood my own differences and had a hard time embracing myself, I disapproved of myself as much as the people in my life. That all changed when I began to let myself be the freaky self I had always fought to be. When I finally let go of my fears I was able to embrace myself. Although she was a platinum blonde I was also a major fan of Annie Lenox, she was more than everything I wanted to be. After my Vamp years I donned the short crew cut and spiky hair of Annie, my hair remained mostly short like that for a decade or so. I have long hair now and love it now that I am past the awkward stage. I have stopped dying my hair and have turned to rinses, my hair loves me for that. I no longer perm my hair and I have toned down my make up to earthy tones. One thing that has not changed is that I am still the outrageous and intense Ally. I still don't give a Fuck what people think and have realized after so many years of torturing myself that if people can't see the me I see, then they have no business knowing me. This pic was taken 3 weeks after I had my second son. I was a hot Mama! Maybe I should have more babies... NOT! Loved the cut. I also had a foot long tail growing down the back whice I curled into a ringlet.
HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE HALLOWEEN

No comments: